IWI PRESS RELEASE
The first IWI seminar on “The role of NGOs and the stance of militant unions” with c. Valentin Pacho as its keynote speaker, has been successfully concluded.
More than 45 cadres, unionists, specialists, scientists etc. participated in the seminar. The following colleagues took the floor in turn:
1. George Mavrikos, WFTU Honorary President
2. Valentin Pacho (keynote speaker), former WFTU Vice President.
There have also taken the floor and shared the experience from their countries :
3. Priyanshi Agarwal, Student – Development & Labour studies (India)
4. Fignole St Cyr, Secretary General of CATH (Haiti)
5. Edgar Marcote, WFTU Presidential Council member (Colombia)
6. Timothy Dirte, National Coordinator of Labor United Educational League (USA)
7. Pedro Milheiro, FEVICCOM International Relations Secretary, UITBB Secretariat (Portugal)
8. Rosalba Aguilar Reyes, Sección XVIII CNTE (Mexico)
9. Drissi Abderrazzak, Secretary General of FNE (Morocco)
10. Pedro Freire, PhD student in the Ethnic Studies department at UCR (USA)
The closing remarks were made by c. Valentin Pacho and
11. Mike Mzwandile Makwayiba, President of the WFTU.
The second seminar of the first seminar cycle will follow at the end of November.
International Workers’ Institute – IWI
Athens, Greece – 31 October 2022